Yume no Kakera
Gensou Ningyou Enbu: Yume no Kakera, translated as Touhou Puppet Dance Performance: Shard of Dreams, is the expansion to the base Gensou Ningyou Enbu game, being released at Comiket 89 on December 30th, 2015. The expansion is an entirely new game from it's predacessor, and as a result several things have been changed between the base game and Yume no Kakera. The expansion seeks to add more content, such as additional locations, a new type, a complete set of Puppets up to and including Touhou 15: Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom, as well as new costumes to accompany these Puppets (such as the hinted at Wedding Attire costumes).
Aside from limited editions being purchased at Comiket 89, the game has been uploaded for digital distribution to Melonbooks. The game costs 1543¥, which roughs out to $13USD. A link to purchase the Melonbooks digital download can be found here, though do note the game will not be purchasable until December 31st JST.
Confirmed Additions and Changes
- 127 Touhou characters to catch and train, ranging all the way from Touhou 01 to Touhou 15.
- The Puppet in the first slot of your party now follows you around.
- Several changes to existing maps - making them larger, adding more detail.
- Changes to how the plot rolls out - example being, Reimu is now present at the Hakurei Shrine when you're first there, and after beating Team Nineball at the village Akyuu takes you to Suzunaan to talk to Kosuzu.
- The level curve, in comparison to the original game, has been altered to account for the above changes.
- A new type, currently called "Warped", is added to the type chart.
- A new style, which most (if not all) Puppets have access to, called Extra. Seija is confirmed to have the Extra style, as well as have this "Warped" type in its Extra style.
- A new weather and terrain effect, the details of which are unknown.
- An area in the Human Village which now leads to what is presumably some sort of Battle Tower-expy, run by Hata no Kokoro. Details on this are still not fully confirmed.
- A plethora of new areas to explore, ranging from Mugenkan and the Netherworld, to the Dream World where Doremy resides, even the Inverted Castle that Shinmyoumaru Sukuna calls home! Even the door in the Myouren Cemetary Cave is now open.
- The actual Touhou characters themselves have varying talk frames now, similar to the actual Touhou games.
- Your starter Puppet starts with full S-Rank stats. This is likely to remain in the full build as well.
- Flandre is now interactable.