The ability to do netplay is only accessible in the postgame, and only after you've beaten Yukari at her house.
Match Initiation Menu
- Set Up Battle Server: For the person hosting the match (server) to use only - this option starts up a battle server so another player can connect to you. The default port is 10800, this can be changed in Server Rule Settings. The player hosting the server must have the necessary ports forwarded or it will not work.
- Connect to Server with IP & Port: For the person connecting (client) to the server to use - this option requires you to manually type out the IP and Port in xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy format. You can use the clipboard to paste the info in.
- Connect to Server with IP on Clipboard: Similar to the above, except if you already have the information on your clipboard this option will automatically input it for you.
- Server Rule Setting: Contains various information relevant to the server and client. Explained more in depth later on.
- View Match Replay: From here you can view saved replays of former matches.
Also on this screen is the option to change which team you're currently using. This is done by using the left and right keys, and it shuffles between your party and the final box's Puppets in row-formation. You can also select what theme you want to play client-side while you're battling using the keys that are bound to "L" and "R". A list of themes and what songs they actually are is provided in this chart.
|Track Name||Track Name, JP||Original Song|
|Vs Wild Puppet||バトル！人形たち||Stirring an Autumn Moon ~ Mooned Insect|
|Vs Forest Puppet||バトル！森の人形たち||Deaf to All but the Song|
|Vs Cave Puppet||バトル！洞窟の人形たち||The Sealed Away Youkai ~ Lost Place|
|Vs Mountain Puppet||バトル！山の人形たち||Tengu is Watching ~ Black Eyes|
|Vs Puppeteer||バトル！人形遣い||Doll Judgement ~ The Girl Who Played with People's Shapes|
|Vs Seiga||バトル！人形遣い||Old Yuanxian|
|Vs Utsuho||バトル！幻想郷の強敵||Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion|
|Vs Puppet Liberation Front||バトル！人形解放戦線||Staking Your Life on a Prank|
|Vs Puppet Liberation Front Elite||バトル！人形解放戦線幹部||Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars|
|Vs Medicine Melancholy||バトル！メディスン・メランコリー||Poison Body ~ Forsaken Doll|
|Vs Kazami Yuuka||バトル！風見幽香||Faint Dream ~ Inanimate Dream|
|Vs Hakurei Reimu||バトル！博麗霊夢||Dicrhomatic Lotus Butterfly ~ Red and White|
|Vs Kirisame Marisa||バトル！霧雨魔理沙||Love Colored Master Spark|
|Vs Makai Residents||バトル！魔界の住民たち||Doll's Story ~ Doll of Misery|
|Vs Goddess of Makai||バトル！魔界の神||Legendary Illusion ~ Infinite Being|
Server Rule Settings
- Rules: The battle style, comes with three different rule sets. Having at least 3 Puppets in each team is required for all the rule sets.
- See 6/Pick 3 Rules - Players can bring in six Puppets, but are only allowed to select three Puppets from that. For the duration of the battle, Puppets are lowered to Level 50 if above it. Players may not have duplicate Held Items on Puppets, or multiples of the same Puppet (Power Yukari, Power Yukari, Speed Marisa is an invalid team; Power Yukari, Defense Yukari, Assist Akyuu is a valid team). This ruleset is similar to Battle Spot rules of the Pokemon variety.
- 6v6 Basic Rules - Players can bring in and use all six of their Puppets. For the duration of the battle, Puppets are lowered to Level 50 if above it. Players may not have duplicate Held Items on Puppets, or multiples of the same Puppet (Power Yukari, Defense Sariel, Speed Marisa, Defense Alice, Speed Marisa, Defense Mai is an invalid team; Power Yukari, Defense Sariel, Speed Marisa, Defense Alice, Power Marisa, Defense Mai is a valid team). This ruleset is similar to the Smogon playstyle of the Pokemon community.
- Free Rules - Players can bring in six Puppets and use any of them they want. There are no other restrictions. This ruleset plays similarly to the Anything Goes ruleset in Smogon's tier listing.
- Appearance: This determines your in-battle cut-in graphic when the battle starts. There are a list of characters to choose from, but ultimately too many to list here. Named Touhou characters are not selectable avatars.
- Title: This determines the name of your trainer class when the battle starts. There are a list to choose from, but ultimately too many to list here.
- Your Name: This is the name of your trainer chosen at the start of the game, and cannot be changed.
- Port: (Server-only Option) This setting determines what port you will be hosting your game on. This port must be forwarded in your router's settings in order for your match to be connectable.
- Nickname: This setting determines whether the nicknames of Puppets show in while battling.
- Replay: This setting determines if you want your matches to save replays automatically or not at all.
- Statistics: This setting asks if you want to send usage stats from your battle to the official Gensou Ningyou Enbu server, which is viewable at this website.